Huntley Park District
Huntley Park District has a fitness center, gym, dance studio and a cultural center, but those are just some of the amenities in the park district. There are 10 parks in total, a nature area, a sports complex, tennis courts and a golf course named Pinecrest Golf Club. It also has an aquatics center called the Stingray Bay Family Aquatic Center. The latest addition is the Deicke Discovery Center at Deicke Park, an interactive playground that opened in June of 2010.
- Fax: 847-669-2836
- Hours: Fitness Center, May to Sept. Mon-Thur,5:30am-8pm; Fri,5:30am-7:30pm;Sat,7am-2pm, Sun,closed Oct. -April: Mon-Thur,5:30am-9pm; Fri,5:30am-7:30pm; Sat, 7am-2pm; Sun,noon-4pm Office hours: Mon-Fri,5:30am-7:30pm; Sat,7am-2pm;Sun,closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1965
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: The park district is located in the old Huntley High School. The site was renovated but includes many of the original features like the auditorium, now called the Cosman Cultural Center.
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Concert stage, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Lockers, Restrooms, Showers, Tours
- Permit requirements: Shelters require reservations, there are nominal fees.
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No smoking
- Wi-Fi: Free