Editor's note: The McHenry County Sheriff's office sent out a correction Friday, Feb. 1, indicating the address of Kathleen M. McKevitt and Michael R. Krewer were incorrect. The correct addresses are listed below.
Five members of a motorcycle gang were arrested Thursday on multiple charges ranging from weapons to drug possession following a two-month investigation into activity at an unincorporated Wonder Lake bar, the McHenry County Sheriff said.
A sixth person, Michael R. Krewer, 31, of 9914 Lucas Road, Woodstock, is wanted on an arrest warrant, according to a sheriff’s press release.
Sheriff’s detectives began an investigation following the battery and assaults of numerous patrons that occurred at the Lizard Lounge, in unincorporated Wonder Lake in November 2012. Sheriff’s investigators identified offenders that were members and associates of a motorcycle club that had a McHenry County chapter.
The two-month long investigation resulted in search warrants where authorities seized five handguns, five rifles, ammunition, brass knuckles, switch blades, a black jack “sap”, 7.7 grams of cannabis, one gram of cocaine and various drug paraphernalia.
Those arrested were:
- Robert J. Bellmore, 46, 25540 Lakeshore Drive, Ingleside. Charges: mob action, aggravated battery. Bond: $25,000.
- Michael J. Blumer, 33, 5211 Mann Drive, Ringwood. Charges: mob action, aggravated battery, mob action. Bond: $25,000.
- Jonathan E. Drecoll, 31, 405 Honeysuckle Ave., Island Lake. Charges: mob action, aggravated battery, mob action. Bond: $25,000.
- Kathleen M. McKevitt, 37, 6105 N Richmond Road, Ringwood. Charges: aggravated battery, mob action, unlawful possession of a controlled substance, two counts unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of ammunition without a FOID card and unlawful possession of a controlled substance. No bond information is available.
- Luciano Flores, 48, 6105 N. Richmond Road, Ringwood. Charges: aggravated battery, mob action, possession of a controlled substance, two counts of unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of cannabis. No bond information is available.
- Krewer is wanted on charges of aggravated battery and mob action, the release stated.
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office was assisted with this investigation and execution of search warrants by: the United States Marshal Service Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force, FBI, Lake County Sheriff’s Office, DuPage County Sheriff’s Office, Lakemoor Police Department, Island Lake Police Department, Woodstock Police Department, and the Lake In The Hills Police Department.
No further altercations occurred during the execution of the search warrants. The investigation into this Nov. 12, 2012, incident continues and additional charges may be forthcoming.