My name is John Collier, CIAO. I am one of the Deputy Assessors that works for your Assessor William "Bill" Ottley, CIAO-S.
We have received the publishing information from the McHenry County Assessors Office and would like to share it with the community.
1. Grafton Township Assessments will be published in the Farmside on November 8th, 2012. (Available at Wisteds)
2. The county assessors office has added a multiplier of 9.14% to the values submitted and approved by Assessor Ottley.
3. You can view your 2012 Township and Equalized Assessed Values on our new website: http://www.graftontownship.us
4. You can file an appeal anytime between now and December 10th, 2012.
5. Your assessors office is happy to assist any Grafton Tax Payer review their assessment, and file an appeal if they feel they are over assessed for any reason.
6. We will be open on Veterans Day. We respect our servicemen and servicewomen, and their families, and want to do our part by serving as well. We anticipate many people will be filing appeals, and want to make our staff available to the public as much as possible.
7. Last but not least: Our ENTIRE Staff is here to serve YOU, the residents of Grafton Township. Please do not feel intimidated or put off that we are a Government Entity. We are here to help, and to provide a FAIR and Uniform assessment to the properties within our township. Many people last year confessed to being nervous or tentative about coming to our office and seeking our advice. I assure you, we are here to serve you. Everyone one in our office works for you, and will treat you as such.
and the Entire Grafton Township Assessors Office Staff