The follow local students received honors and/or graduated this spring:
The following local students have earned academic honors at Purdue University for the spring 2012 semester:
- Mary E Bentley
- Lisa Kormanak
To earn honors, students must have had at least a 3.5 semester or cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
The following students were among those honored on the Lewis University Dean's List for spring semester 2012:
- Cassandra Myers
- Kayla Kelley
To be eligible for this honor, students must have completed a minimum of 12 semester hours of credit with a grade point average of 3.25 out of a possible 4.0.
Benedictine University Dean's List, Spring 2012
- Jessica Marie Dyrek
North Central College
- Thomas Roche received a bachelor degree June 9.
Rockford College Distinguished Scholar
- Matthew Szytz
- Lauren Moen graduated this spring with a degree in Management and Leadership.
- Paige Cordle named to spring term dean's list. She is a junior majoring in computer science and mathematics.
Students who have earned this academic honor have maintained a grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a four-point scale for courses taken during the term.
- Alexander Scholinsky graduated this spring.
University of Wisconsin - Platteville
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville has awarded scholarships to its incoming first-year class, which is the largest grade of newcomers in school history. Among the award winners:
- Rebecca Riley who won the Bilsa Chapter Alumni Scholarship & Chancellor Leadership Scholarship, totaling $12,228.00.
Aurora University Dean's List, Spring 2012
- Nicole Holmes
The regular honors list recognizes students who achieve a GPA of 3.6 to 3.99.