There will be lots of cars on the road this weekend, but there are ways to make the trip comfortable and memorable.
The Illinois Tollway recommends the following tips:
Rest, refuel at a tollway oasis
The seven oases located along the system are home to retail shops and restaurants, including McDonald’s, Starbucks, Subway and Panda Express. Each Oasis facility provides spacious food courts, ample seating featuring panoramic windows, kid-friendly spaces and an easy stop for texting, cellular and Wi-Fi services.
Know Before You Go
The Tollway offers a variety of ways for drivers to get the latest travel information, including:
• www.illinoistollway.com – Traffic & Construction Section
• 1-800-TOLL-FYI – Daily lane closure information
• www.travelmidwest.com – Real-time travel times
• Up-to-the-minute traffic by roadway – www.nbcchicago.com
• eNewsletter – www.illinoistollway.com
Need Help? Dial *999
If your vehicle becomes disabled, park safely on the shoulder, raise your hood and remain in your vehicle. Dial *999 and assistance will be dispatched to your location.