Many of the Huntley Area Public Library's most popular services are at your fingertips with the development of apps for mobile devices, and tablets. Whether it's downloading your free MP3s from Freegal or checking to see if the library has your favorite book on the shelves, it can all be accomplished with these easy to install apps. These apps are available now in the Google Play and iTunes stores for you to download and use. Have a question about apps? Call the Information Desk at (847) 669-5386 ext. 21.
- Huntley Area Public Library App - Check-out items, find books, music and movies with the new library app. Place holds, check due dates, renew materials, and chat with a librarian. Check to see if the library has a book by scanning the ISBN code. Create a user account at huntley.bibliocommons.com to fully utilize all of the app’s features. Available at the iTunes, Google Play and Amazon App Stores.
- Zinio - Enjoy the Huntley Area Public Library's collection of Zinio magazine titles on your Apple and Android devices, and even on your home computer. Get started by creating a Zinio account at www.huntleylibrary.org/about-zinio before downloading and running the app.
- Overdrive - Check out, browse and download eBooks and audiobooks. Share information about the book you're reading via Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, email, and more. Visit www.mymediamall.net or the Google Play or iTunes store to get this app.
- Freegal - Freegal now has 3 million songs available, and these new applications will help make downloading your songs easier than ever. Library patrons get 3 MP3 downloads each week, and they are yours to keep. Available now at the Google Play and iTunes stores.
- Mango Languages - A powerful language learning platform that delivers fast, easy and effective language learning. Learn 45 languages at your own pace. Be sure to create an account at www.huntleylibrary.org/mango before using the app.