Real estate company Movoto recently released a list Friday of the the 10 most boring communities in Illinois and Lake in the Hills made the list, ranking as the fourth most boring place in the state.
Real estate blog Movoto dug into the 100 most populated places in America and ranked them in six different categories, using data from Areavibes, Yelp, and the U.S. Census (2010). The six criteria, according to the site, were:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
- Percentage of restaurants that are fast food (the lower the better)
- Percentage of young residents ages 20 to 34 (the higher the better)
Movoto did give credit to Lake in the Hills lack of fast food restaurants and a decent selection of summer festivals.
Huntley also made the list, ranking as the fifth most boring place in the state. The hometown to Sun City, the largest retirement community in the Midwest, helped Huntley make Movoto's list.
Movoto writes: "What does Huntley have? A mediocre rank for active life options and a special event called The Turkey Testicle Festival. Yay?"
Other towns to make the list include: New Lenox (No. 1), Rolling Meadows (No. 2), Calumet City (No. 3), Bolingbrook (No. 6), Hanover Park (No. 7), Oswego (No. 8), Vernon Hills (No. 9), Streamwood (No. 10).
Read more on the Movoto website.