For this week's McHenry County Patch Chowdown Showdown, we asked readers where their favorite place in the county is to get a hot dog.
Thank you to everyone who submitted their votes by commenting on our article from earlier this week.
This week we have five finalists:
- Day Go Dogs, 2761 W. Algonquin Road in Algonquin
- The Home Depot and its hot dog stand, 4447 U.S. Highway 14 in Crystal Lake
- Tommy's Red Hots, 191 Randall Road in Lake in the Hills and 363 Virginia St. in Crystal Lake as well as other locations in the area
- Dante's, 10400 South Illinois Route 31 in Algonquin
- Portillo's Hot Dogs, 855 Cog Circle in Crystal Lake, as well as several other locations
You can cast your vote for your favorite spot by submitting your answer in the poll below.
Voting will continue through 12 p.m. Friday. Check back first thing Saturday morning to find out if your restaurant has been chosen as this week's Chowdown Showdown Champion for having the best hot dog in the county!