Area Farmers Markets Worth Checking Out
Although Algonquin recently announced that it would be closing its farmer's market this year, there are still plenty of other farmer's markets in the area worth checking out.
While Algonquin has cancelled its farmer’s markets for this summer, there are still plenty of other options in the area:
- Woodstock Farmer's Market: The market is open every Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. through October. The market is held in the historic Woodstock Square. The farmer's market draws around 50 vendors on Saturdays and 35 vendors on Tuesdays. In addition to fresh produce, residents can browse baked goods, sweet honey, tender natural beef, pork, poultry, eggs, fine wines, delicious cheeses and much more, according to the Woodstock Farmer's Market website. The market also features live music.
- Crystal Lake Farmer's Market: The farmer's market will run every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is located in Depot Park, which is next to the downtown Metra station at 70 Woodstock St. in Crystal Lake. The market draws around 12 vendors. Read More on Crystal Lake-Cary Patch.
- Huntley Farmer's Market: The Huntley Farmer's Market is held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday at Coral and Church streets in Huntley. Around 20 vendors are expected this year. Read more on Huntley Patch.
- Dundee Farmer's Market: The Dundee Farmer's Market is held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Saturday near Dundee Depot at 319 N. River Street in East Dundee. The market draws about 40 vendors each week including those selling veggies (in season), honey, flowers, and bedding plants, soaps, antiques and collectibles.Read More on Dundee Township Visitor's Center website
- Cary Farmer's Market: Following a successful first season, Cary Farmer's Market will open this Sunday at 9 a.m. this Sunday, June 3. The market will be held every Sunday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. through Sept. 30 in the north commuter parking lot near High Road and West Main Street. More than 20 vendors are expected this year. The market will have the typical selection of fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers. Vendors selling baked goods, jellies, salad dressings, gourmet popcorn, honey and nut butters. Read more Crystal Lake-Cary Patch.